Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Sarathan Pod #003




At last, The Sarathan Pod has returned! Do I detect a widespread sigh of relief echoing from across the cyberwaves?

This week we're doing a feature podcast, focusing on a band called Feral Children. Right now we're going with the term "experimental rock" to describe their sound, but I don't think this abstract label quite captures the animalistic feeling I get when listening to their music. Really, I tend to think of myself as a relaxed, chipper person who has her act together, but when I listen to this music I feel it appealing to a darker side of me... a wild, unabashed, semi-abrasive side that never had a voice before this music came along. I seem like the most unlikely candidate, but I'm hooked now. I figure that's a good sign for this band.

Songs Featured on this podcast are:
1. Spy/Glass House
2. Jaundice Giraffe
3. Russian Fingers / Roman Hands

http://myspace.com/feralchildrenseattle

Check 'em out.

No comments: